A made- to-stock and made-to- order manufacturing company in India. Deployed SAP R/3 ERP System in its plants. Client made a high investment in the implementation and was not satisfied with the project implementation and its deliverables;
Need For Assessment
- Assess the Impact of Implementation of SAP and benefits realization;
- Review of Application Controls built into the modules (FICO, MM, SD, PP and PM) of SAP to avoid any business risks and process coverage lapses;
- Ascertain the effective utilization of all the module features and functions;
- Verify and improve the security of the SAP system;
- Ensure the Accuracy and Reliability of MIS Reports generated from the SAP Modules;
- Weak Costing & CO integration
- Detailed and acceptable version of MIS reports for business process owners;
- Extent of relevance & usage of the external code ;
- Shifting of reports into metrics that matter;
- Measure the value in terms of tangibles by bringing in necessary performance metrics;
- Review users confidence and re-training needs;
- Increase overall operational efficiency that leads to positive business impact, etc.
What we have done:
- Conducted out Business Process Analysis to identify errors/problems like customizing errors, process design gaps, missing end-user training.
- Reviewed the effectiveness of Application Controls built into the modules of SAP System.
- Reviewed the overall system performance to increase efficiency of resource usage by optimizing the database.
- Reviewed the Segregation of Duties in SAP User IDs and access controls built in to the same.
- Completeness, Accuracy and Data Integrity in Master tables were analyzed for any data errors resulting in inaccurate MIS Reports.
- Build KPIs in Business critical areas and introduced a performance measuring system.